Here comes the snow! To the great pleasure of the 4732 registered skiers, La Transjurassienne 2015 will take place on its nominal track Les Rousses / Mouthe for the FIS Marathon Cup 56KM CT on Saturday; and Lamoura / Mouthe 68KM FT on Sunday. The information was officially released today at the press conference from the Hôtel de Région. The organizers, volunteers and partners are working backstage while the racers are training, all getting ready for the magic cross-country skiing week-end in the Jura Mountains! The 37th edition could not get a better start…
The confirmed track
Without any doubt regarding the abundant snow falls in the last 48 hours as well as the weather forecast for the next 5 days, Trans’Organisation could release the good news: the nominal track has been validated. “Yet, let’s keep in mind that the northern wind and negative temperatures are expected on February 7 and 8” added Hervé BALLAND, the President of Trans’Organisation. Warm clothing is recommended!
The favorites of the 2015 edition:
Transju’Classic 56KM CT – FIS Marathon Cup
Among the forty-some favorites of the 56KM CT, we can count on the top 3 FIS MARATHON CUP current leaders: the Czech Petr NOVAK, the Swiss Toni LIVERS and the French Benoit CHAUVET… ready to strive for a 3rd Transjurassienne victory! The French Mathias WILBAUT, winner of the 2014 76KM FT and in great shape will take his start on the classical event on Saturday, along with Christophe PERRILLAT-COLLOMB, another Transju winner! To be closely followed as well, Jean-Marc GAILLARD, one of the 10 best 2014 World Cup ranking, Guillaume LALEVEE and Adrien MOUGEL from Les Vosges striving for the first place, as well as the Italians Sergio BONALDI and Simone PAREDI, specialists of team’s tactics when racing La Transjurassienne! Among the women, the top two women of the FIS MARATHON CUP’s current racking, the American Holly BROOKS and the French Aurélie DABUDYK, winner of the last Transjurassienne. Among others at the start, they will have to deal with the Italian Antonella CONFORTOLA and the Czech Karolina BICOVA.
Transjurassienne 68KM FT
Almost all the Elites racing on Saturday will also take on Sunday’s 68KM FT event! This will be the case for Benoit CHAUVET, a great skater, as well as Adrien MOUGEL, Christophe PERRILAT-COLLOMB and la Squadra Azzura... The Ultra’Trans challenge will be fiercely disputed this year, with many athletes fighting for a double victory! On the women’s side, Celia BOURGEOIS from Franch-Comté and the biathletes Sophie BOILLEY and Marie Laure BRUNET will also be on the start line!
TRANSJURASSIENNE – FEBRUARY 7/8, 2015
Surprises of this 2015 edition:
- Racers, you can offer your supporters the possibility to follow you on the track and check your progression in real-time through the NeXXtep GPS system, an application provided by “DS LIVE”, Datasport Chrono Partner!
- The Trans 25FT is the reference race for adaptive athletes and is opened to all adaptive athletes regardless of their disability; sit-ski, standing or visually impaired. A specific stand will welcome the disabled supporters in the finish area in Mouthe.
- And to make the pleasure and the souvenirs last all through the year, permanent signposts have been installed along the track. Skiers and hikers will then be informed when they take the mythical route! A beautiful natural showcase!
The week-end agenda:
Saturday, February 7, 2015- Classic technique events (CT)
• Nordic Fair, bib pick-up & Montagnes du Jura stand – Morez - Espace Lamartine: from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
• La Transju'Classic 56km: Les Rousses – Mouthe / Start at 9:00 am (Collège des Rousses)
• La Trans 25CT 25km: Chapelle Des Bois – Mouthe – Start at 1:00pm
• Mouthe: First finishers: 11:40 am (expected) / Last finishers: 5:15 pm
Sunday, February 8, 2015 - Free technique events (FT)
• La Transjurassienne 68km: Lamoura – Mouthe / Start at 8:30 am (Combe du Lac)
• La Transju'Marathon 48km: Les Rousses – Mouthe / Start at 10:30 am
• La Trans 25FT 25 km: Chapelle des Bois – Mouthe / Start at 1:00 pm
• Mouthe: First finishers: 11:30 am (expected) / Last finishers: 6:15 pm
Words from the partners:
The Franche - Comté Region is La Transjurassienne’s fist partner.
In Mouthe, under the “l’Originale Franche – Comté” colors, a booth will offer the public a variety of activities. The Région Franche-Comté prize will be awarded to the first Franc-Comtois (Man) and the first Franche-Comtoise (Woman) of the Saturday event by Brigitte Monnet, Conseillère régionale, and of the Sunday by Marie - Guite Dufay, the President of Franche – Comté Region, in the presence of Denis Vuillermoz, the Vice - president in charge of Sports and Tourism.
Welcome! A new partnership convention involving the Crédit Agricole Franche - Comté Bank and Trans’Organisation has been officially signed this morning.
More information: www.transjurassienne.com